The Pennsylvania Sports Hall of Fame is a museum located in the state capital, Harrisburg, that honors individuals who have made significant contributions to sports in Pennsylvania. The hall’s mission is to preserve and celebrate the history of sports in the Commonwealth and its citizens.
The pa sports hall of fame, delco chapter is a place where you can find information about the Pennsylvania Sports Hall Of Fame. It includes a list of inductees, as well as an interactive map that shows your location and how to get more information.
This Video Should Help:
Welcome to the Pennsylvania Sports Hall of Fame! Our website is dedicated to honoring the many great athletes, coaches and other contributors who have made Pennsylvania a leading sports state. We are excited to announce our 2022 inductees, which include some of the most notable names in Philadelphia sports history. The East Boros Chapter of the Pennsylvania Sports Hall of Fame will be hosting our induction ceremonies on October 12th at Plum High School in Hatboro, PA. If you’re interested in learning more about these incredible individuals and their contributions to our state, please visit us at www.pshof.org . Thanks for visiting us!
Philadelphia Sports Hall of Fame
The Philadelphia Sports Hall of Fame is an organization that honors the greatest athletes, coaches, and contributors to the world of sports in Philadelphia. Every year, a new class of inductees is announced, and in 2022, the Hall of Fame will welcome its newest members.
Some of the most notable names in Pennsylvania sports history will be among the 2022 inductees, including former Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb, Phillies great Mike Schmidt, Olympic gold medalist Carl Lewis, and basketball legend Julius Erving. These athletes and many others have left their mark on the world of sports, and they will all be honored at the Philadelphia Sports Hall of Fame induction ceremony in 2022.
This event is always a highly anticipated one for sports fans in Philadelphia, as it is a chance to celebrate all that our city has accomplished in the world of athletics. If you are a fan of any Philly-based team or athlete, make sure to mark your calendar for next year’s induction ceremony!
Pennsylvania Sports Hall of Fame East Boros Chapter
The Pennsylvania Sports Hall of Fame East Boros Chapter is pleased to announce their 2022 inductees. The class includes five individuals and one team who have made significant contributions to sports in the state of Pennsylvania.
The individual inductees are:
-John Chaney, legendary basketball coach at Temple University
-BernieParent, NHL goaltender and two-time Stanley Cup champion with the Philadelphia Flyers
-Mariano Rivera, MLB pitcher and 13-time All-Star with the New York Yankees
-Katie Smith, WNBA player and Olympic gold medalist
-Steve Van Buren, NFL running back and four-time Pro Bowler with the Philadelphia Eagles.
The team inductee is:
1986 Pittsburgh Penguins – Stanley Cup champions led by Mario Lemieux and coached by Bob Johnson.
The induction ceremony will be held on Saturday, May 14th at the DoubleTree Hotel in Monroeville, PA. For more information or to purchase tickets, please visit www.pashofeastboroschapter.com
Susquehanna Valley Sports Hall of Fame
The Susquehanna Valley Sports Hall of Fame is a non-profit organization that honors the achievements of athletes, coaches, and contributors who have made significant contributions to the world of sports in the Susquehanna Valley region of Pennsylvania. The Hall of Fame was founded in 2006 and its first class of inductees was enshrined in 2007.
The Hall of Fame is located in Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania, on the campus of Susquehanna University. It is open to the public free of charge during regular business hours.
TheSusquehanna Valley Sports HallofFame Classof2022inductees are:
* Mike Eruzione ufffd Olympic hockey player; captain of 1980 “Miracle on Ice” team
* Sue Bird ufffd WNBA basketball player; four-time Olympic gold medalist
* Tamika Catchings ufffd WNBA basketball player; five-time Olympic gold medalist
* Billie Jean King ufffd tennis champion & social activist
* Geno Auriemma ufffd University of Connecticut women’s basketball coach
Plum High School Sports Hall of Fame
The Plum High School Sports Hall of Fame is set to induct five new members in 2022. The class includes four athletes and one coach who have made contributions to Pennsylvania sports.
The Pennsylvania Sports Hall of Fame East Boros Chapter will induct three people posthumously. They are:
* Joe Gilmartin – A star athlete at Penn State University, he was a three-sport letterman in baseball, basketball and football. He played Major League Baseball for the Philadelphia Phillies and Pittsburgh Pirates.
* Babe Ruth – One of the most famous baseball players of all time, Ruth started his career with the Boston Red Sox before being sold to the New York Yankees. He helped lead the Yankees to seven World Series titles and is considered one of the greatest hitters in baseball history.
* Pete Rose – A native of Cincinnati, Ohio, Rose played Major League Baseball for the Reds, Philadelphia Phillies and Montreal Expos. He is MLB’s all-time leader in hits and games played.
The Susquehanna Valley Sports Hall of Fame will also induct two individuals:
* Denny Doyle – A native of Williamsport, Pa., Doyle was a standout baseball player at both the high school and collegiate level. He went on to play Major League Baseball for the California Angels, Philadelphia Phillies and Boston Red Sox.
* Curt Warner – One of the most successful running backs in Penn State history, Warner went on to play for the Seattle Seahawks and Los Angeles Rams during his NFL career.
WPIAL Hall of Fame
The Western Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic League (WPIAL) is proud to announce its Hall of Fame Class of 2022! This yearufffds class features 14 amazing individuals who have made significant contributions to the world of sports in Western Pennsylvania.
The class will be inducted at the WPIAL Hall of Fame Banquet on Thursday, May 12, 2022 at the DoubleTree by Hilton Pittsburgh ufffd Green Tree. The event will begin with a social hour at 5:30 p.m., followed by dinner and the induction ceremony at 6:45 p.m. Tickets for the banquet are $50 each and can be purchased through any WPIAL school athletic director or by calling the WPIAL office at 412-560-0010.
The following is a list of this yearufffds inductees:
ufffd Joe Bendel ufffd Media
ufffd Jerry Hasson ufffd Contributor
ufffd Al Labozzi ufffd Athlete (Football)
ufffd Pete Liske ufffd Athlete (Baseball)
ufffd Connie Macknight ufffd Athlete (Basketball)
ufffd Marty McGowan ufffd Official (Baseball)
ufffd Chuck Medved ufffd Coach (Football)
ufffd Bob OufffdConnor, Sr. ufffd Contributor/Coach (Golf)
ufffd Frank Oliveri ufffd Official (Soccer)
ufffd John Simonetti ufffd Coach (Tennis)
ufffd Pete Cappellettiufffd Athlete (Basketball)
ufffd Lou Roodufffd Media
The “Pennsylvania Sports Hall of Fame” is a hall of fame that inducts sports figures. The Pennsylvania Sports Hall of Fame has inducted over 1,000 people since it was established in 1959. Reference: sports hall of fame inductees.